Friday 5 December 2014

Task 6c: Award Title


                I have chosen BA (Hons) Professional Practice Dance as the award tile for my degree.  The title chosen, reflects on my current area of practice and previous knowledge, and on what I believe will be beneficial for my future career.

                The topic for my inquiry is how creativity dance related practices can be crucial for dancers’ artistic development. I will bring on this discussion, by analysing how creativity is related to professional dancers careers, why is it important and how could be approached. Through literature, observations, interviews and my own personal experience, this inquiry aims to benefit professionals on the dance environment, bringing other discussions and tools for dancers’ development, motivate a better connection between techniques and methodologies and for my own career development.  Already on the title from my proposal, I aimed to bring on a theme which has been present on the current dance scene and which I believe is extremely necessary for dancers’ development
.
                As a professional dancer, whose formation includes two professional schools which apply different methods, who has lived in four countries, has worked with different professionals and dance languages, whose repertoire includes different styles and who also, has a deep interest into composition and improvisation, the inquiry topic is very much about my own previous experiences and current necessity for artistic quality development and self-innovation. With this inquiry, I am aim to share different perspectives on dance, analyse different tools which work around the creativity theme and relate to dancers’ formation, and to be able to analyse my own experience, my current role into the dance environment and reach an artistic and career development. My main reason for joining into this course was to reach a deeper knowledge and have an opportunity to discuss and critically reflect on my current area of practice and role as a performer, subsequently I believe my award title is deep related to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment