Sunday 2 February 2014

So...let's begin!


After a week reading many blogs, the programme handbook, exploring the website, here I began finally, my blog. I am very excited about this course and I was quite glad to see that I am not the only one who struggled setting it up and is not really familiar with all this technology… Although, I believe that understanding how blogging, using networking tools impact in your professional practice, is one of the many reflections that this course will bring in the next days.

My decision to apply for a BAAP Course came straight after I graduated at my school, Elmhurst School for Dance (Birmingham, UK). As a dance student, I always enjoyed the reflection of how does the “performing arts world” work. I always tried to get a deep knowledge of dance not just as the activity but also on the history, cultural, individual and politic context. And after studying in different schools, and living in different countries, I realized how this “world” could change but also what makes all this performing arts keep connected and create a big community. For all my crazy, big reflections, I needed to understand and reflect about my own and the others workplaces, our involvement with this area, and share ideas.

At the moment I am really busy here at Theatre Dortmund, performing “Fantasia” and rehearsing for our next premiere "Geschichten aus dem Wiener Wald" ("Tales from the Vienna Woods") which is on this month of February.  I will say the true that I got a bit scared with the amount of work and reading needed for this course...with the rehearsals, performances and taking care of a house, I got afraid to not be able to manage it. But thinking about it now, I got really glad to have the opportunity to reflect and share my ideas with many professionals and be part of this programme. I found the blogs and tasks so interesting that in the end, will be a really good way to chill my muscles…

I am really looking forward to network with you all and I wish all the best for us!

Julia xxx 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Julia,
    I enjoyed reading your profile and first post, it was nice to here from someone on my module (it was hard setting it up wasn't it, took me hours!) I am also feeling apprehensive about the amount of work and fitting it around my scheduled, I'm hoping little an often will be the key.
    Della

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia - great blog - a positive and forward looking approach that will definitely work on BAPP Arts!!

    There should be a gadget you can put on for Followers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Julia, it's great reading your blog. I can relate to a lot of what you said particularly about living in a different country as I too have experienced this and it has been such an eye opening experience - embracing new cultures and yet connected by the same love for the art. All the best on your performances for Geschichten aus dem Wiener Wald!

    ReplyDelete